Charitable nonprofits are required to comply with a wide array of federal and state laws and regulations. During this workshop for nonprofit staff and board members as well as attorneys, CPAs, and consultants, get answers and information on many common legal issues that affect nonprofits.
9:00 – 10:15: A One-Hour Crash Course in Legal Compliance for Nonprofits (David Heinen and Ed Chaney)
10:30 – 11:30: Breakout Sessions
- State Tax Laws for Nonprofits (David Heinen)
- The Practice of Good Governance (Ed Chaney)
- Collaborative Conflict Resolution: A New Law and a New Paradigm (John Sarratt and Colleen Byers)
11:30 – 12:45: Break
12:45 – 1:45: Breakout Sessions
- Key Legal Issues for Nonprofits During Economic Crisis (Ed Chaney)
- Building Better Nonprofit Laws (David Heinen)
- Employment Laws: What Every Nonprofit Should Know for 2021 (Lisa Gordon Stella)
2:00 – 3:00: (Non)-Answers to Nonprofits Frequently Asked Legal Questions (Ed Chaney, David Heinen, and Lisa Gordon Stella)
Attorneys may earn 4 hours of CLE credit from the NC State Bar for attending (pending approval). CPAs may earn 4 hours of CPE credit from the NC State Board of CPA Examiners (pending approval).
This workshop is made possible by Schell Bray